- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 3/4” thin
For the marinade
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tblespoons chopped mint
- Salt & pepper
For the garnish
- 1 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 red ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons sweet vidalia type onion, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons small capers in brine, drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons each, flat leaf parsley and mint chopped for garnish
- Marinate chicken breasts for one hour in marinade.
- Prepare garnish by combining all ingredients and set aside at room temperature until ready to serve. Garnish may be made up to 6 hours ahead, but do not add feta cheese until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes per side, remove chicken from the grill and place on serving platter, spooning garnish directly over chicken.
- Serve immediately, or at room temperature as part of a buffet.