Quickly sautéed mixed colors of summer squash cooked with fresh thyme is simplicity at its finest. I love the sweetness of the caramelized squash combined with the earthy, herbal flavor of thyme
- 4 medium zucchini and yellow squash, trimmed, washed and dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1TBS extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a medium sized sauté pan on medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add squash to the pan, season liberally with salt and freshly ground pepper, add thyme and toss squash in pan for 4-5 minutes until it is nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.