Red Snapper is a delicious, mild, sweet and moist fish – perfect for grilling and topping with the fresh and spicy mango salsa
For the mango salsa
- 2 cups peeled, diced, ripe mango
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (rinsed in a strainer in cold water 2x and drained)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Minced jalapeno or serrano pepper to taste
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning.
Can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving
For the snapper
- 4 – 6 oz red snpper filets
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat a gas grill to medium high. Oil the racks very well.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper, liberally.
- Grill the fish without turning for approximately 5-6 minutes until fish is just opaque in the center.
- Remove fish carefully from grill and place on a serving platter.
- Top fish with salsa and serve immediately.