This smooth and spicy, lovely pink colored margarita features reposado tequila which is aged in wood barrels, sometimes charred to impart a rich and complex flavor and ginger, both freshly sliced ginger root and Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur mixed with fresh pink grapefruit juice, a fabulous combination and twist on the traditional margarita
- 1.5 oz reposado tequila
- ¾ oz ginger liquor such as canton
- 2 oz freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 3 thin slices of fresh ginger root, each approximately 1/4″ thick
- Grapefruit rind for garnish
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shaker glass filled ith ice and shake very well until ingredients are extremely chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with grapefruit rind.
- Drink while icy cold.